Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Weird Post-Because normal isn't working.......

So I've ventured into a challenge launched by my pastor at church, to be weird. I know, I know, it sounds strange to me too! Craig Groeschel is the author of Weird and I am absolutely in love with what the book has been challenging me to do, it's been very eye opening and I'm looking forward to some positive personal growth. Regardless of your personal faith or beliefs, I highly recommend this book. It's (the book's) approach to life is refreshing and new, here I will share my thoughts on what Craig inspires in my personal thinking. 

In the Introduction of the book he writes about the moment in his life where he begins to question what we are really "living" for, this I would call a "life defining moment" (check my blog sidelines to learn more about life defining moments). He speaks with candor about how in his sophomore year in college one of the most "normal" girls fell asleep at the wheel and died. He goes into details about how her death made him look deeper into "is this all there is to life? Why am I here? What if that had been me dozing off behind the steering wheel? If my life ended now, would it matter? What happens after you die? Is there really a God and a heaven and a hell and all the Christian stuff I've heard about.".

I know I've had those same questions float around in my head for years, sometimes I try desperately to repress those thoughts, just so I could be normal. But, (yes there is a but) I just don't care about being normal anymore! I want my life to be "weird"! I want to be the person who has a "to-don't list" (read Weird to understand this personal want of mine), I want to spend the time I have been given here on Earth wisely, I want more from myself. I want to worry less of what others think of me and to spend more time worrying less. I want to be the person who doesn't wish there was more time in a day and just use my time wisely. I want to be the best individual I am capable of being. 

Keep posted on this thread for more Weirdness!!

Reflection: 

What will you challenge yourself to do differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment