Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Personal Collection of Poetry

Here I will share my personal collection of poetry I have written over the years. Writing has always provided me great refuge and provided me a therapy that no person could ever offer. There is something about the freedom of my thoughts with a pen in hand against a blank sheet of paper has always been soothing. 




Untitled
I wrote this poem many years ago when I was seeking a relationship with Christ.

Set me free from my internal misery. Help me end this insanity. Make my life have clarity, help my emotions run free. Keep me in sanity, surround me with your sanctuary, make me at peace with me. Guide me to the right of ways and show to me the brighter days and carefree ways of you. Surround me with your loving touch that I crave and need so much. Whisper softly in my ear, it's you, it's you. Tell me how you truly love and how you are sent from up above, it's true, it's true. You and I are meant to be, why is it only in my eyes I see. It's you, it's you. Tell me that you love me much and it's my touch you crave, teach me how to behave and be free, so free. Turn me loose and let me free, take me from my misery and show me the commitment of love, dear love. 


Where to Find Things

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, laughter is found in jokes, love is found within your heart and secrets close to at heart. Trust is only given when it seems to be earned, special people earn trust that others only yearn. Longing for respect, looking for that trust, looking hard for love, all you seem to find is lust. Lust is only temporary, love truly lasts, but all the times I've looked for love it seems to never last. Looking in all the wrong places, finding it close at home, you can't love anybody unless you love yourself, once you have found that, love is where lies your wealth. 

Little Miracle
I wrote this poem shortly after my first child was born. I had an overwhelming feeling of just how much a mother could love and that we as mom's are willing to do anything for our children. 

Misty eyed and watering, waterfalls come for free, sunny rays keep on falling each and every day, a cloudy evening, a sprig of grass, the fresh scent of spring. Mother nature works in many different ways, thunder & the lightning, grey, cold, nights. Violent screams of hurt, deep breathing, hearts beating, sweat pouring down my brow, the time is creeping up on me, death is coming now. I take your hand into the light, the brightest I have ever seen, a gentle caress, your tenderness, my nervousness goes unseen, the child cries as I die, I died for her tonite, but holds her head is her father with his pride and might, he loved me so, 'til death do us part & my struggle is now done. Now I know my daughter's life truly has begun. I feel no anger, nor remorse. I gave my life for you, If I had another life I'd grant it yet to you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment